Jules is the administrator of the Supernatural Wiki – a resource for the TV show Supernatural and its fandom. It’s comprehensive, eclectic and quirky.
Started in July 2006 by another Australian fan, Hope, the SuperWiki is it is known currently attracts over one million visits a month.
SFX Magazine described the site as “the most comprehensive Supernatural site on the web… Supernatural Wiki is a well laid-out, intelligently designed, easy to navigate Aladdin’s cave of Winchester goodness.”
The multi-authored nature of this model is considered central to the ideals the Supernatural Wiki is based on – recognising the value of fan knowledge, experience and production by providing an environment within which fans can document, share and research both their own experiences, community, and the show around which the community is based.
The site cover the show with comprehensive entries and transcripts on every episode, guides to the characters, mythology, music and pop culture references in the show. Topics also covered range from Sam’s hair to motel interiors and the boys’ drinking habits.
The site is also used by both the writers and production crfew of Supernatural itself Writer Robbie Thompson described it as “indespensible”
Behind the scenes, there are extensive entries on the writers and production team including a series of in-depth interviews with key crew members:
- Supernatural From Script to Screen: First Assistant Director Kevin Parks.
- Supernatural From Script to Screen: VFX Supervisor Mark Meloche
- Supernatural From Script to Screen: Director’s Commentary on “Trial and Error” with Kevin Parks
- Supernatural From Script to Screen: Director’s Commentary on “Bad Boys” with Kevin Parks
- Supernatural From Script to Screen: Producer Todd Aronauer
The site also includes fandom activites including fanfic, videos and art, as well as conventions, and a glossary to fandom slang.